Friday, June 27, 2008

Excitement

Wow.
GA just came back from her afternoon walk, and there were five (5) cop cars here in our neighborhood, all to arrest one guy. He lives across the street and about three houses down.
One car was parked at the only entrance to our circle, and nobody was allowed to drive in or out.

They drove off with him in handcuffs on one of the cars.

I don't yet know if this was a dangerous enough guy to warrant five cop cars, or if the county cops just have that little to do. I wonder if they'll have color photographs with circles and arrows and a paragraph on the back of each one, to be used as evidence against him.

I will report more on this when I find out what was going on. So come back to this blog!

*******

UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE

Here's the deal. He had violated the terms of his probation.
He had failed to complete his community service.
That's right, probation violation. For this they sent in five cop cars, blocked the entrance to the neighborhood, made everybody go inside for their safety, and took the guy away in handcuffs.

There are two ways of looking at this. The cops here go overboard on everything, and I had better make sure my lawn is kept trimmed to specs. Or...
There is so little crime here that when something actually happens, every cop in the county wants to get in on it (a la Alice's Restaurant). I vote for the second option, and if that's the one, I am grateful that we live in a place like this, where the cops actually do something about crime.

Still no word on what his original crime was.

No comments:

 
Site Meter