Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Hypocrites and politicians

Al Gore is not setting a good example. The energy consumption for his home is about 20 times what your home consumes, if your home is average.

And that's why I don't like to look to politicians to solve any environmental problems we may or may not have. This guy makes a film and gets an award or two and a Nobel prize and lots and lots of praise, and we're told he's the authority on Global Warming, and we're supposed to just sit back and accept what he says as Truth™ and the end of the argument. People who disagree are supposed to be scourged and run out of town.

If we're supposed to use less energy, why isn't he doing it? I am - I replaced all my incandescent light bulbs with the new energy efficient ones. I bought a Prius before gas hit $3 a gallon (it's now $4). I buy my electricity from a renewable energy plan - that's right, 100% of my home electricity use is renewable, most of it from wind.

Now maybe there is something to this global warming thing. Maybe not. But since actions speak louder than words, I'd say Mr. Gore's testimony is at the very least suspect.

Too bad we can't harness the wind coming out of the mouths of politicians. It might solve all our problems.

No comments:

 
Site Meter