Monday, January 5, 2009

Staying the Course




I'm still actually using the BodySolid™ machine in our exercise room. Yeah, you thought we would pay big bucks for it, spend a week putting it together, and then use it for a coat rack, didn't you? Nope, I worked out on it this morning for 30 minutes.

Some days I just walk for 80 minutes, especially now that I discovered I can walk atop the levee just outside our back gate, even though it isn't officially a walking trail, and even though the levee has a little sign way on the west end telling us to stay off it unless we are authorized. The maintenance guys drive on the darn thing, so I think I can walk on it without damaging it. Incidentally, I plan to run for village rep next election. I want to push them to extend the trail down to our neighborhood, and I bet they put the trail right on top of the very same levee that we aren't allowed to walk on without authorization. Maybe someday I will drive my Chevy to the levee, and see if it is dry. But I digress.

Other days I do both. I walk for my 70 minutes, and then spend a little time doing light stuff on the BodySolid™ machine since I'm a sweaty mess anyway.



So this morning, I'm working out on the machine thing, and listening to another Stephen King short story on my current audio book, which happens to be his latest collection, on sale now at your favorite bookstore. Today's story is A Very Tight Place, which started out nicely enough, but then - no, I'd better not tell you. It might ruin the story for you. Let's just say it involves being trapped in a porta potty.


And the situation is described in graphic detail. This poor guy has to find a way to escape his little private privy prison somehow. Will it involve climbing through the obvious escape route?




Read it yourself to find out.

And somehow I think Rate A Bathroom should link to this article, but I suppose that might be silly.

No comments:

 
Site Meter