Saturday, April 19, 2008

12 Angry Men

Now we're cooking.
We went to Theatre Southwest last night to see "12 Angry Men," partly to find out if this small theatre in Houston can put on a good play.
The jury has a verdict: yes, they can.
The actors gave us good character development, and believable mood swings. The director (Mimi Holloway) gave us good blocking, which is not so easy with a set consisting of a table and 12 chairs. I found it hard to think critically, because it was so easy to believe that I was in a jury room.

So the good news is that I have a very good (though under financed) theatre to be involved in. The bad news is that it may be a bit harder to get cast - I will have some competition for the juicy roles.

I'm in the upcoming show, Voyages, so I will at least have a chance to prove that I'm more or less reliable, and that I can remember my lines most of the time. That should help.

No comments:

 
Site Meter